Digital music distribution: markets, analysis and forecasts 2010 – the continued impact of mobile music and itunes
- Issued By: Aarkstore Enterprise
- City / State: Navi Mumbai
- Phone: +919272852585
- Company Website: www.aarkstore.com
- Submitted: November 17, 2010 1:10 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Navi Mumbai, November 17, 2010:
Digital music distribution: markets, analysis and forecasts 2010 – the continued impact of mobile music and itunes: According to a recent report on CNN, ‘total revenue from U.S. music sales and licensing plunged’ between the years 1999 and 2009. They said that ‘at the end of last year, the music business was worth half of what it was ten years ago and the decline doesn’t look like it will be slowing anytime soon’.
Many believe that the main reason for this decline is the increased popularity of digital music. The report quotes the former Head of Yahoo Music as saying ‘The CD is still disappearing, and nothing is replacing it in entirety as a revenue generator. Digital downloads are not even going to replace what the CD business did for the industry.” However, digital licensing revenue has reached toward $100 billion in 2009, and we expect it to grow even further in the next couple of years.
Digital distribution and music on the mobile platform have extended past the confines of the ringtone and has developed on the mobile handset and the mobile web. Mobile music has become a business in its own right, with players both on and off the mobile platform. The growing reach of digital distribution via iTunes onto iPhones/mobile handsets and the mobile web has driven the reach of mobile music, and given the size of the mobile audience – this remains a valuable market to invest in content.
As music content is moved from the physical to the digital platform, the mobile phone and mobile web are ideally placed to digitally distribute and develop mobile content, and tailor content directly to consumer demand. Our new report provides you with the essential business information you need at your disposal and poses a number of significant questions, such as:
• Will the traditionally big players of music be the major players of digital distribution and mobile music?
• Can large record companies maintain their position in a digitally mobile market?
• Will the mobile handset continue to compete against stand alone digital music devices, or will they develop as combined technologies?
Creating revenue from mobile music has also evolved, as the content and the method of access has become more sophisticated. Early subscription methods of high payments posed a low user experience which threatened to push all but the most dedicated niche markets away from the content. Digital distribution and mobile music has responded to the requirements of consumers in both the music providers and the mobile web. Charges on the mobile web have decreased and this has opened up the space for mobile music and increased the incentive for mobile subscribers to explore this content.
The continuing success of convergence on the mobile handset has driven digital distribution and music players onto the mobile handset, and the link between the mobile handset and the mobile web is an important factor in mobile music. An increasing number of mobile handset vendors develop mobile music market products with their own mobile music services, further driving handsets that possess mobile music playing capabilities. As the market becomes increasingly crowded, competitors will need to establish strong competitive differentiation, and music services will have to offer the consumer innovative and unique selling points in order to gain market traction and retain consumers.
Players across the industry will need to monitor and analyse mobile music and competitors in the digital distribution and mobile markets – and this report will help you.
The digital distribution market is continuously evolving, but mobile music remains a constant factor. Mobile music is not without its problems and pitfalls, but the channel remains a valuable asset for competitors in the mobile market. Recent entries into the market place demonstrate that the mobile music market remains open and competitive – and you have an opportunity to succeed within it. This is a market in which hardware and software will compete and the link between the handset and the mobile web will further drive the use of mobile music, and be mutually beneficial in the market.
Reading this exclusive management report will tell you the following:
• Who are your main competitors in the digital distribution market and what are they doing now?
• What strategies in the market can be best utilised to promote the content?
• What is the impact of mobile music in the market and will this continue?
• What impact will mobile subscriber behaviour and demand have on digital distribution?
By reading this report you will understand all of the exciting opportunities that will be available to increase your revenues and brand awareness.
With the iPad/ iPhone, virtually all mobile handsets now featuring MP3 functionality, and the evolution of wireless headphones, the mobile phone is set to overtake the dedicated MP3 player as the user’s choice for mobile music, but when?
How is your company going to make the most of this opportunity? Can prices be kept comparable? Will the added functionality of the mobile handset give it an advantage or will users maintain 2 separate devices. Can the mobile handset compete with dedicated P3 players memory capabilities?
Find out the answers to these and many other questions by buying this vital industry insight.
Why you need to order this report today:
• Brands/Marketers – Learn how to best utilise the market for your music brand, or how to drive your brand into the mobile music market.
• Mobile Operators – Discover how to drive music content towards the mobile subscriber and how best to display this content. Learn how mobile music can benefit mobile operators.
Mobile handset vendors – Learn how mobile music can influence the subscriber reach of handset vendors and the mutual influence between the handset and mobile music. Learn what strategies are best used in this market. Mobile music providers – Discover what opportunities exist in the mobile music market, in the development of the mobile web and mobile handsets available in the market. Learn about market issues specifically related to mobile music and competitors in this market.
Who needs to read this report?
Directors, VP and Senior managers in:
• Digital distribution
• Digital content
• Mobile/Cellular carriers and operators
• Mobile handset manufacturers
• Mobile music providers
• Mobile music brands/marketers
• Mobile web content players
This report shows you how the digital distribution market will develop worldwide – both technologically and commercially – from 2010 onwards.
You can obtain this report today
Nobody with an interest in the digital distribution and mobile music market should overlook this new market study. We predict that total revenues will increase and with expanding markets, technological advances and significant un-met needs, this sector offers high commercial potential.
For more information, please contact :
686 total views, 1 so far today
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (34 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (27 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (24 views)
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (23 views)
- 2010 Deep Research Report on China New Energy Vehicles - Aarkstore Enterprise (23 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (15 views)
- Light Up Your Life With Latest Blackberry Torch 9800 Deals (9 views)
- Nokia X3 Red Deals: Talk with Passion (8 views)
- Assignment Help: A New Concept in Education (3 views)
- Aarkstore Enterprise -The Impact of US Healthcare Reform on Pharma: Analyzing the effects (3 views)