- Issued By: Aarkstore Enterprise -
- City / State: Navi Mumbai
- Phone: +919272852585
- Company Website: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted: November 14, 2010 10:43 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Navi Mumbai, November 14, 2010:
Advances in the Transdermal Drug Delivery Market: Market size, leading players, therapeutic focus and innovative technologies
The market for drugs delivered transdermally was valued at $5.6bn in 2009 with the majority of these sales being accrued by products utilizing first generation patch technologies. Innovative technologies that are able to deliver drugs with a broader spectrum of characteristics are poised to revolutionize the transdermal drug delivery market and drive significant growth. This report analyses the current state of the transdermal drug market, evaluating its therapeutic uses and the positioning of leading players. The pipeline of transdermal drugs is assessed by therapeutic indication and innovative delivery technologies are discussed at length and benchmarked against one another.
This report analyses the current state of the transdermal drug market, evaluating its therapeutic uses and the positioning of leading players. The pipeline of transdermal drugs is assessed by therapeutic indication and innovative delivery technologies are discussed at length and benchmarked against one another.
Scope of this research
* Discover which companies led the transdermal drug market in 2009 and analyze the performance of their leading products.
* Analyze the leading drug classes which are delivered transdermally with insights into their pipelines and future prospects.
* Evaluate emerging technologies in transdermal drug delivery and assess which have the greatest chances of success.
* Understand the impact that new technologies can have on the market and which new indications are best suited to transdermal treatment.
* Discover why certain technologies have been commercial failures in specific indications.
Research and analysis highlights
The market for drugs delivered transdermally was valued at $5.6bn in with the US market being the largest individual market. The transdermal drug market is growing more slowly than the overall pharmaceutical market indicating a level of maturity and a lack of new approved products. New technologies may change this dynamic.
Novartis was the leading company in the global transdermal drug market in 2009 with a market share of over 20%. Novartis’ position was driven by both branded products such as Exelon patch and generics from its Sandoz subsidiary. Sandoz markets generic fentanyl, scopolamine, and nicotine patches.
Innovative technologies that allow for the transdermal delivery of drugs that currently not be delivered in this way are poised to revolutionize the market. These include chemical penetration enhancers, iontophoresis, dermal ablation and microneedles amongst others. Several new lucrative indications may be opened up to transdermal drug delivery.
Key reasons to purchase this research
* Which companies lead the transdermal drug delivery market and what are their key transdermal products?
* Which indications drive the transdermal drug market and what are the leading transdermal products within these markets?
* How has the introduction of Exelon Patch impacted upon the sales of oral formulations of Exelon?
* Which technologies are being developed to allow the transdermal delivery of a wider variety of drug types and what will their impact be?
* Which indications not currently served by transdermally delivered drugs have the greatest potential for treatment improvement by transdermal drugs?
For more information, please contact :
Contact : Minu
Tel : +912227453309
Mobile No: +919272852585
Email : email@example.com
820 total views, 1 so far today
- Commonwealth Games (CWG) Theme Song launched by AR Rahman in New Delhi (4 views)
- Purchase Stunning Sapphire Ring Launch By Mahima Overseas (3 views)
- Tesco.com Signs Major Deal with Dragon's Den Winner (3 views)
- Cata Appliances Spain Launches K-60 Chimney for Indian Market (3 views)
- Find the Best iPod Touch Prices in CompareiPodPrices (3 views)
- Y-cam Releases Power Over Ethernet IP Camera Range for Quicker Installs (2 views)
- Aarkstore Enterprise Endoscopy Devices Market Outlook in China to 2016 (2 views)
- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc: SWOT Analysis - Market Research Report On Aarkstore Enterprise (2 views)
- Special loans offers to Govt, defence employees from HDFC Bank (2 views)
- Qualitypoint Technologies has added two new feaures in "Easy Learning" (2 views)