- Issued By: Suzanne Ostler
- City / State: Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Submitted: November 1, 2010 7:01 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Peterborough, United Kingdom, November 1, 2010:
The activities co-ordinator at Thamesfield Retirement Village Annie Gillett has been shortlisted in a national competition to find the country’s top care professionals.
Annie has been nominated in the Lifetime Achievement in Care category of the National Care Awards after an incredible 25 years working at the age exclusive village in Henley-on–Thames. Even that isn’t Annie’s entire career – she began working in the caring profession 43 years ago.
Now on the shortlist, she has undergone a probing interview by the judges who will choose the ultimate winner – to be announced at a glittering ceremony at a London hotel late in November.
Annie, who is set to retire from her position in December, was nominated by her village manager Rhona Price. She paid tribute to Annie’s unswerving dedication.
“Annie is an example to everyone of what a carer really is,” said Rhona. “She always says her aim is to bring sunshine into the lives of people who sometimes struggle with a reason for getting out of bed. And she does that every day. She organises outings, trips and events that residents talk about for months and years. She listens to the worries of residents and shares their happy times and sad. They offer Annie the same, as demonstrated during her treatment for cancer last year. They all kept a keen eye out for her.
“Receiving this award would be the perfect – and very fitting – way for Annie to finish her career.”
Modest Annie claims that she’s just ‘doing her job’. “I love my work and I enjoy all the time I spend here,” said Annie. “It’s a privilege to spend time with the residents. I am amazed to have made it to the shortlist. I don’t expect to win but I’m very much looking forward to going to what sounds like a wonderful ceremony!”
Pic cap: Annie loves spending time with the residents including Mrs Barbara Meyer who is a crossword fan
1286 total views, 1 so far today
- Pneumonia - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 (10 views)
- Temporary Storage Space In Milton Canada Now Available (6 views)
- Universal Laser Systems® Announces New Multi-Wavelength Laser Platform™ (5 views)
- BackupChain Virtual Machine Backup Software Announces Partnership with Oter Informatica, Spain (5 views)
- Semantifi: Census 2000 (5 views)
- Inno Group Appoints Ish Anand as Managing Director, Inno GeoCity (5 views)
- Red Hat Sets a New Standard for the Next Generation of Operating Systems (3 views)
- Zephyr buys Stake in Trimax (3 views)
- Experts raise concern about growing menace of Diabetes in children (2 views)
- The Oil & Gas Pipelines Market Analysis 2010-2020 - Aarkstore Enterprise (2 views)