- Issued By: Suzanne Ostler
- City / State: Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Submitted: November 1, 2010 7:01 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Peterborough, United Kingdom, November 1, 2010:
The activities co-ordinator at Thamesfield Retirement Village Annie Gillett has been shortlisted in a national competition to find the country’s top care professionals.
Annie has been nominated in the Lifetime Achievement in Care category of the National Care Awards after an incredible 25 years working at the age exclusive village in Henley-on–Thames. Even that isn’t Annie’s entire career – she began working in the caring profession 43 years ago.
Now on the shortlist, she has undergone a probing interview by the judges who will choose the ultimate winner – to be announced at a glittering ceremony at a London hotel late in November.
Annie, who is set to retire from her position in December, was nominated by her village manager Rhona Price. She paid tribute to Annie’s unswerving dedication.
“Annie is an example to everyone of what a carer really is,” said Rhona. “She always says her aim is to bring sunshine into the lives of people who sometimes struggle with a reason for getting out of bed. And she does that every day. She organises outings, trips and events that residents talk about for months and years. She listens to the worries of residents and shares their happy times and sad. They offer Annie the same, as demonstrated during her treatment for cancer last year. They all kept a keen eye out for her.
“Receiving this award would be the perfect – and very fitting – way for Annie to finish her career.”
Modest Annie claims that she’s just ‘doing her job’. “I love my work and I enjoy all the time I spend here,” said Annie. “It’s a privilege to spend time with the residents. I am amazed to have made it to the shortlist. I don’t expect to win but I’m very much looking forward to going to what sounds like a wonderful ceremony!”
Pic cap: Annie loves spending time with the residents including Mrs Barbara Meyer who is a crossword fan
779 total views, 1 so far today
- Timeduty.com modifies online timesheet software to support iPad (33 views)
- Quintessence Biosciences, Inc.-Company Report - Aarkstore Enterprise (21 views)
- The very portable Beurer SL30 saves time and money on expensive surgeries needed for the skin (11 views)
- Sun Pharma Announces USFDA Approval for Generic Clarinex® (8 views)
- Your Home Isn't Complete With Out Home and Office Furniture From National Furniture (7 views)
- Introducing Cleartrip Mobile - First comprehensive mobile travel website (7 views)
- Easy Auscultation Releases Medical Education Course: Congenital Abnormalities (6 views)
- Disposable Volk Vitrectomy Lenses Deliver High Resolution Convenience (6 views)
- House of Fraser Announces New Lipsy Collection by Pixie Lott (6 views)
- Ophthalmology Jobs Online Launches YouTube Channel for Ophthalmology Job Seekers and for Ophthalmology Practices (6 views)