- Issued By: Heleana Greeves
- City / State: HERTFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND
- Company Website: http://www.tesco.com
- Submitted: November 5, 2010 11:04 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HERTFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND, November 5, 2010:
Tesco.com has partnered with MyDish.co.uk to enable customers to upload and share their favourite family recipes on the Tesco Real Food site using MyDish technology.
In addition, customers can enjoy online ‘foodie’ conversations within the Real Food community sharing their favourite hints, tips and recipe ideas.
Tesco is also making it easier for customers to shop for their recipe ingredients. Customers simply find the recipes they want to make from either Tesco Real Food or MyDish.co.uk, click ‘add to shopping basket’, and in just a few seconds all the required ingredients can be ordered online from Tesco.com.
Last year MyDish.co.uk made headlines when founder Carol Savage became the first entrepreneur to have been offered double the amount of money she was pitching for from the Dragons. Carol received two separate offers and finally agreed to a GBP100,000 deal with retail guru Deborah Meaden.
Laura Wade-Gery, CEO of Tesco.com and Tesco Direct, said: “We’re really excited about working with Carol from MyDish and Deborah to support this new and exciting British business. The partnership will improve the way our customers shop online enabling them to see all the ingredients they need for their recipes and with just one click get them delivered directly to their door.”
Carol Savage said: “After years of hard work this is major achievement. I’m thrilled to be working with Tesco and couldn’t have done this without the help of Deborah and Dragon’s Den.”
Tesco’s dotcom team met with Dragon’s Den Deborah Meadon and MyDish founder Carol Savage this summer when the BBC filmed the deal being made at Tesco’s head office. The programme aired on BBC 2.
Deborah Meaden, of Dragon’s Den, said: “I decided to invest in MyDish.co.uk because I saw a winning combination of a great concept and a genuinely passionate individual with strong relevant track record. My confidence in her ability to make MyDish work has paid off as can be recognised by our new partnership with Tesco.com.”
The Tesco Real Food and MyDish.co.uk customer recipes page can be found online now.
About Tesco Real Food:
The Tesco Real Food website is packed with thousands of inspiring, delicious recipes to suit any occasion. Whether customers are looking for a quick mid-week meal for the family or something for a special event, users are sure to find exactly what they’re looking for. In addition, a range of step-by-step cooking tips and videos to help improve kitchen skills can be found, as well as healthy eating and cooking with kids sections. To make shopping even easier, every recipe has a ready-made shopping list that can be used to add all the ingredients to the shopping basket in just a few clicks.
1633 total views, 1 so far today
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (12 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (10 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (7 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (7 views)
- I2k2 Networks Offers Variegated Web Services (7 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (7 views)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. - Detailed Product Pipeline (6 views)
- Accuro Announces Rebranding, New Website (6 views)
- Needed Steps For Approval For Making Home Affordable Program (5 views)
- Women are looking for more security through marriage: Report (4 views)