- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: New Delhi, Delhi
- Phone: +91 9971221554
- Submitted: November 24, 2010 1:56 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Delhi, Delhi, November 24, 2010:
The e-commerce phenomenon in India has a new Poster boy – from obscurity 9 months back to becoming one of India’s most visited site Snapdeal.com has come a long way in a short span. Recently Alexa Internet Inc., the most intelligent web navigation company that lists top sites available by country, language or in a category, has ranked Snap Deal among the 100 most visited websites of India. The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors and pageviews on snapdeal.com, over the past 3 months.
It is unusual to find a new company scaling this milestone, given that online companies which have been around for some time, are yet to break the 100 mark barrier. SnapDeal has surpassed the traffic of some of the popular sites among Indian audience like Cleartrip.com, Yatra.com and bookmyshow.com.
The Indian deal a day space has seen tremendous activity in terms of multiple new entrants and acquisitions over the last 6 months – but Snapdeal has clearly pulled itself far ahead from the rest of the pack in offering the best services to merchants and consumers across India.
According to Mr. Kunal Bahl, CEO of Jasper, the parent company of SnapDeal.com, “We are proud to achieve this milestone. Achieving this is a big feat in itself and having done it in just about 8-9 months of our inception is phenomenal and unheard of, in the Indian internet and e-commerce space.”
The inherent value of the services offered by Snapdeal.com, coupled with unmatched customer focus, is the main reason for the increasing popularity and also the growing traffic. The e-commerce portal, which features one attractively priced service every day, across various cities, has already enabled an estimated saving of over Rs. 3 crores for its customers. There is an average saving of around 65% – 70% at popular restaurants, spas, salons, movie theatres, among others lifestyle services, availed through the website.
Keeping up with the pace of growth in the industry and the cities, in which Snapdeal.com is already operational, the company has very aggressive growth plans. It plans to start operations in 10 more cities by the end of this quarter.
SnapDeal.com is an innovative service that drives large number of customers to retail businesses, by offering one very attractive deal everyday (upto 90% off) on dining, recreation, entertainment, sports, weekend getaways, among others. Snapdeal is now present in 9 cities in India and looking to add 10 more cities soon. The purchased voucher is emailed to the customer instantly with an SMS confirmation, either of which can be shown at the merchant while making a purchase. SnapDeal.com is now in the top 100 sites in India, with 600,000+ subscribers to its daily deal newsletters and has garnered 75,000+ transacting customers.
695 total views, 1 so far today
- Light Up Your Life With Latest Blackberry Torch 9800 Deals (66 views)
- Snap Deal Introduces Corporate Gift Vouchers for the Best Experiences for your Employees, Customers and Partners (39 views)
- House of Fraser Announces New Lipsy Collection by Pixie Lott (30 views)
- Janus Releases Singapore Company Registration Statistics for October 2010 (30 views)
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Appoints Chirag Jain as Chief Operating Officer (19 views)
- Krish India Design Redesigned Website Launched (18 views)
- Kerala Tourism Launches I-Ads Campaign (17 views)
- Cloud Computing World Forum Middle East and Africa Agenda Launched (17 views)
- Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Global Supply Dynamics to 2020 - Production from Coal Derivatives Emerging as a Cheaper Alternative in China (16 views)
- Aerus Launches New Guardian Heater (14 views)