- Issued By: Chris Westley
- City / State: Ipswich
- Company Website: http://www.phoneslimited.co.uk/Samsung/i9000+Galaxy+S.html
- Submitted: December 21, 2010 10:43 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ipswich, December 21, 2010:
The Samsung Galaxy S was one of the most eagerly anticipated Android smartphone releases of 2010. Gadget enthusiasts and smartphone fans have not been disappointed with its specifications and its aesthetic appeal.
The Samsung Galaxy S ships with Android 2.1 already installed, however this is upgradeable to later versions such as the recently released 2.2 Froyo. Its key features include Wi-Fi Internet browsing, a large 4 inch touchscreen and a 5 mega pixel camera, meaning it ticks all the boxes.
The dimensions of the Samsung Galaxy S are 122.4x 64.2x 9.9 mm, in order to accommodate the large screen. Its slimline profile makes it one of the thinnest phones available, and means it will easily fit into a handbag or pocket. Appearance wise, it is reminiscent of the iPhone 3G, however the major difference is the touch-sensitive controls beneath the screen.
Boasting super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen technology, the screen on the Samsung Galaxy S provides an impressive and responsive means of navigating the TouchWiz 3.0 user interface. The screen comes with multi-touch input support, along with the standard proximity and accelerometer sensors as standard. The screen is ideal for those who send a lot of text messages or emails thanks to the innovative Swype text input method, which can greatly improve text entry speeds.
The Samsung Galaxy S is capable of supporting MP3 and WAV ringtones. This allows users to customise the sound of their phone, and obviously this works alongside the standard vibration feature. Users can carry out handsfree conversations with ease thanks to a built in speakerphone system and a 3.5 millimetre audio socket.
A fast and reliable Internet connection is provided thanks to 3G coverage, whereby an HSDPA connection provides speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps. When users have access to wireless networks, Wi-Fi connectivity means an enhanced browsing experience can be achieved. GPRS and EDGE are both provided in class 12 versions to keep the Samsung Galaxy S connected to the appropriate cellular networks.
An effective 5 mega pixel digital camera is located on the back of the handset. It provides the means to take superb quality still images thanks to a pixel resolution of 2592x 1944. It comes with features such as touch focus, face & smile detection and Autofocus all included as standard. The camera is also capable of HD video capture in 720p quality, which can be played back on the big screen thanks to a TV-out port.
The highly regarded combination of the Android OS and powerful 1GHz processor means that the user experience provided by the Samsung Galaxy S is lightning fast and very powerful. This combination of technologies provides an ideal platform for customisation and expansion, especially thanks to access to the Android Market, which allows users to download additional applications much like the Apple AppStore.
The Samsung Galaxy S is a Smartphone which has it all, providing you with a great option for those looking for an alternative to mainstream devices, but don’t want to sacrifice aesthetics or functionality.
707 total views, 1 so far today
- House of Fraser Announces New Lipsy Collection by Pixie Lott (29 views)
- Sun Pharma Announces USFDA Approval for Generic Clarinex® (21 views)
- Snap Deal Introduces Corporate Gift Vouchers for the Best Experiences for your Employees, Customers and Partners (16 views)
- Your Home Isn't Complete With Out Home and Office Furniture From National Furniture (12 views)
- Ophthalmology Jobs Online Launches YouTube Channel for Ophthalmology Job Seekers and for Ophthalmology Practices (9 views)
- Pixelwp.com Offers Premium Quality PSD to Wordpress Conversion Services At The Most Affordable Price (9 views)
- Tata Indicom Subscribers Can Now Tweet On Voice (8 views)
- Netlens offering specials on contact lenses (8 views)
- Cloud Computing World Forum Middle East and Africa Agenda Launched (8 views)
- Krish India Design Redesigned Website Launched (7 views)