- Issued By: Correspondent
- City / State: Nevada, US
- Submitted: November 9, 2010 12:19 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nevada, US, November 9, 2010:
(From our Correspondent) US First Lady Michelle Obama purchased wooden Lord Ganesh, a Hanuman, and Patachitra and Madhubani paintings (which usually depict Hindu religious themes), etc., during her visit to New Delhi’s Crafts Museum on November eight, according to reports.
Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, commended Michelle Obama’s, 46, reported interest in Hindu artifacts and added that if she wanted to explore Hinduism further, he or other Hindu scholars would be glad to assist.
Art had a long and rich tradition in Hinduism and ancient Sanskrit literature talked about religious paintings of deities on wood or cloth, Rajan Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out.
Lord Ganesh is worshipped as god of wisdom and remover of obstacles and invoked before the beginning of any major undertaking. Lord Hanuman is known for his incredible strength. Both Ganesh and Hanuman are highly revered in Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world with about one billion adherents, whose ultimate goal is moksh (liberation).
Also known as National Handicrafts & Handlooms Museum, Crafts Museum is run by Government of India’s Ministry of Textiles and has a collection of about 22, 000 objects. Dr. Ruchira Ghosh is the head.
1710 total views, 1 so far today
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (331 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (308 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (308 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (23 views)
- Chloe Handbags Are Widely Acclaimed (20 views)
- Nokia X3 Red Deals: Talk with Passion (20 views)
- G4S Supports England Team at Commonwealth Games (19 views)
- WNS Hosts Thane Police at 'Know Your BPO' Event (19 views)
- MapleSim™ 4.5 Offers Modelica® Import Capabilities and an Enhanced Simulation Engine (18 views)
- Kerala Tourism Launches I-Ads Campaign (17 views)