- Issued By: Correspondent
- City / State: Nevada, US
- Submitted: November 9, 2010 12:19 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nevada, US, November 9, 2010:
(From our Correspondent) US First Lady Michelle Obama purchased wooden Lord Ganesh, a Hanuman, and Patachitra and Madhubani paintings (which usually depict Hindu religious themes), etc., during her visit to New Delhi’s Crafts Museum on November eight, according to reports.
Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, commended Michelle Obama’s, 46, reported interest in Hindu artifacts and added that if she wanted to explore Hinduism further, he or other Hindu scholars would be glad to assist.
Art had a long and rich tradition in Hinduism and ancient Sanskrit literature talked about religious paintings of deities on wood or cloth, Rajan Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out.
Lord Ganesh is worshipped as god of wisdom and remover of obstacles and invoked before the beginning of any major undertaking. Lord Hanuman is known for his incredible strength. Both Ganesh and Hanuman are highly revered in Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world with about one billion adherents, whose ultimate goal is moksh (liberation).
Also known as National Handicrafts & Handlooms Museum, Crafts Museum is run by Government of India’s Ministry of Textiles and has a collection of about 22, 000 objects. Dr. Ruchira Ghosh is the head.
2335 total views, 1 so far today
- Fort Commander II: CounterAttack Launched on Sony PSN (6 views)
- HTC Desire HD Orange: A Smartphone With Unique Features (5 views)
- Advances in the Transdermal Drug Delivery Market: Market size, leading players, therapeutic focus (5 views)
- Hindu statesman Zed wants Belgium to recognize Hinduism (5 views)
- Indian Chemical Directory 2010 (5 views)
- BackupChain Virtual Machine Backup Software Announces Partnership with Oter Informatica, Spain (5 views)
- Belstaff jackets are not significantly expensive (5 views)
- Mobilizing Facebook: Analysis and Reference Guide for Mobile Social Networking (5 views)
- HCL Infosystems Expands Jaipur Facility; Strengthens its SI Capabilities (5 views)
- AudienceScience Launches Premier European Media Transaction Platform in the UK (4 views)