- Issued By: Correspondent
- City / State: Nevada, US
- Submitted: November 9, 2010 12:19 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nevada, US, November 9, 2010:
(From our Correspondent) US First Lady Michelle Obama purchased wooden Lord Ganesh, a Hanuman, and Patachitra and Madhubani paintings (which usually depict Hindu religious themes), etc., during her visit to New Delhi’s Crafts Museum on November eight, according to reports.
Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, commended Michelle Obama’s, 46, reported interest in Hindu artifacts and added that if she wanted to explore Hinduism further, he or other Hindu scholars would be glad to assist.
Art had a long and rich tradition in Hinduism and ancient Sanskrit literature talked about religious paintings of deities on wood or cloth, Rajan Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out.
Lord Ganesh is worshipped as god of wisdom and remover of obstacles and invoked before the beginning of any major undertaking. Lord Hanuman is known for his incredible strength. Both Ganesh and Hanuman are highly revered in Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world with about one billion adherents, whose ultimate goal is moksh (liberation).
Also known as National Handicrafts & Handlooms Museum, Crafts Museum is run by Government of India’s Ministry of Textiles and has a collection of about 22, 000 objects. Dr. Ruchira Ghosh is the head.
1939 total views, 1 so far today
- G4S Supports England Team at Commonwealth Games (12 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (12 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (9 views)
- 2010 Deep Research Report on China New Energy Vehicles - Aarkstore Enterprise (9 views)
- Infinite Courses proffer Free Online Classifieds in India which Escalates your Online Presence (9 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (9 views)
- IVRCL Announces the Completion of Sea Water Desalination Plant at Minjur (6 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (6 views)
- Krish India Design Redesigned Website Launched (4 views)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. - Detailed Product Pipeline (3 views)