- Issued By: Amy Chilla
- City / State: Chicago, IL
- Company Website: http://www.metaphrasislcs.com
- Submitted: March 8, 2011 1:23 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago, IL, March 8, 2011:
Elizabeth Colón Donates Time & Funds to Cause Supporting Survivors of Torture, Trauma and Sexual Violence.
Chicago, IL – March 08, 2011 –- Elizabeth Colón, CEO of Metaphrasis Language and Cultural Solutions (Metaphrasis), today announced she has been selected to be the Board Chair for the national VOICE OF LOVE project, which has filed Articles of Incorporation to become a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Additionally, the Chicago interpreting, translation and training company made a financial donation to THE VOICE OF LOVE.
THE VOICE OF LOVE is a pro bono, all-volunteer project spear-headed by Advocates for Survivors of Torture and Trauma (www.astt.org) and Cross-Cultural Communications. The original purpose of THE VOICE OF LOVE was to develop a three-day interpreter training program to support quality services to survivors of torture, trauma and sexual violence. In addition to this program, the organization intends to provide training and resources in the field.
Colón’s role in the project will encompass many areas including collaboration on decision making as well as oversight and leadership to the board members. Marjory Bancroft, MA, adds, “This is a project that has garnered tremendous positive attention across the U.S. Elizabeth has the passion, focus, drive and above all the concern for survivors that will bring the Board the energy and leadership we urgently need.”
Scheduled to be completed in December 2012, the first training products developed by THE VOICE OF LOVE will be made available at no cost to agencies that support survivors of torture and trauma. A needs assessment report and two guides about how to interpret in this field and how to work with interpreters in torture and trauma services will also be made available to the public at no cost. The training manual and trainer’s guide will be, depending on financial resources, possibly in hard copy, with the goal of supporting survivors of torture and trauma.
Elizabeth Colón, CEO of Metaphrasis commented on her participation, “I chose to become a part of THE VOICE OF LOVE project because I believe in what it will accomplish. It addresses the real emotional issues that interpreters face while interpreting for survivors of torture, trauma and/or survivors of sexual and domestic violence.”
Colón continued, “THE VOICE OF LOVE is going to be the first organization of its kind that is going to ensure that these survivors are properly represented through the voice of a qualified interpreter.”
The more than 100 volunteers currently associated with THE VOICE OF LOVE include community and medical interpreters, mental health interpreters, therapists and clinicians, interpreter educators and trainers, legal interpreters, social workers, front-line staff, volunteers at centers for torture and trauma, staff in sexual assault services, health professionals, outreach specialists, refugee resettlement staff, community advocates, caseworkers, faith-based organizations, a few researchers, consultants, an immigration attorney, and others.
To learn more about THE VOICE OF LOVE, please visit www.cultureandlanguage.net/index.php/voice-of-love-project.
Metaphrasis is a full-service language company connecting businesses with their diverse clients and community. Language services include onsite interpreting, telephonic interpreting, document translation, cultural diversity training, testing, and consulting. Providing language services is just one way businesses can show their dedication to their clients, employees, and community. Based on a recent company survey, Metaphrasis was rated superior in the areas of professionalism, client service, expertise in their field and trustworthiness. The company is headquartered in Frankfort, Illinois and may be reached at 815-464-1423, in Chicago at 312-924-1845 or online at www.metaphrasislcs.com. Follow Metaphrasis on Twitter @Metaphrasislcs.
1407 total views, 1 so far today
- Pick up your Favorite deals from TheYaYaTree at your nearest retail outlet (5 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (5 views)
- SEO Services India: SRE Global Infotech Announces Lucrative SMO Plans to Escalate Your Business Success (5 views)
- Digital music distribution: markets, analysis and forecasts 2010 - the continued impact of mobile music and itunes (5 views)
- Motorola Milestone 2 Deals: Refreshing deals are available on Orange (5 views)
- FREE Nintendo & FREE Wii Fit With Samsung Galaxy S T-Mobile Contract (2 views)
- Samsung Nexus S - A ravishing gadget (2 views)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Deals: Explore New Galaxy At Pocket Friendly Rates (2 views)
- Offshore Product Development Gets a New worthy Dimension with iBoss Tech Solutions (2 views)
- Bigshoebazaar.com introduces hi-end ladies fashion footwear brand AIVA-the 5th avenue Collection (2 views)