- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Phone: 031 765 8566
- Submitted: November 2, 2010 12:44 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, November 2, 2010:
Concrete Canvas UK, manufacturers of the ground breaking material technology, Concrete Cloth and the revolutionary Concrete Canvas Shelter “Building-in-a-Bag” have appointed an agent in South Africa that will service the entire African continent.
Inventors William Crawford and Peter Brewin, co-owners of Concrete Canvas UK, initially developed Concrete Cloth for the rapidly deployable Concrete Canvas Shelter, a ‘building in a bag’ that requires only water and air for construction. The Concrete Cloth, which hardens on hydration to form a durable, waterproof and fire retardant concrete layer, together with Concrete Canvas Shelters have won 13 internationally acclaimed awards since inception in 2005. Of particular interest is that Concrete Canvas walked away with the inaugural Saatchi and Saatchi Award in 2009, beating well-known contender’s Wikipedia.
According to Durban based entrepreneur, Greg Neil, owner and appointed agent for Concrete Canvas South Africa, “Concrete Cloth has revolutionised the civil, mining and construction sectors and is currently being used around the world for not only Concrete Canvas Shelters but also for a number of other applications.”
He explains that the applications for these industries are vast and include;
1. Civil: binding layers in foundations, rapid roadways, ditch lining, roofing, asbestos containment and even DIY applications
2. Military: sandbag defences, gabions, helicopter dust suppression surfaces
3. Mining: drainage, vent walls, blocking walls, pipe protection
Neil first came across the flexible, cement-impregnated fabric on the Discovery Channel more than a year ago. He immediately saw the potential in the South African market and sought to secure the rights.
Although Concrete Cloth has already been granted a British and American Standards Certification, Concrete Canvas SA is currently in the process of acquiring the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) Certification as well.
Concrete Cloth is a unique patented product and this is the first time it has been made available to the South African (and African) market. Neil says, “Since there is no product like it, it is often compared to conventional concrete. And, whilst Concrete Cloth has the same capabilities that normal concrete does, the technical, strength, environmental and time-saving aspects overshadow that of traditional concrete. In fact, in some cases Concrete Cloth is not just the better alternative to concrete, but the better solution.”
Neil says there are stark differences between Concrete Cloth and conventional concrete beginning with the quality and ending in the timesaving and user-friendliness.
In addition, this revolutionary product has twice the as abrasion resistance as normal concrete and you really need only add water! Currently, Concrete Cloth costs slightly more than traditional concrete however the time-saving, strength and labour costs make this product a first class alternative. “In fact” Neil says, “we are currently looking at erecting a local manufacturing plant in order to bring down the cost of the product to the end user. In addition, we hope that through this manufacturing plant we will be able to do our ‘bit’ to boost both the local economy and in turn assist with job creation.”
For more information on Concrete Cloth, go to www.concretecanvassa.co.za or contact Greg Neil on 083 325 9001.
Press Release disseminated on behalf of:
Concrete Canvas South Africa
Tel: 083 325 9001
Press Release disseminated by:
Public Relations Consultant
Tel: 072 320 6769
Concrete Canvas SA is an official distributor of Concrete Canvas products. The owners and directors of Concrete Canvas SA, have owned various businesses in South Africa and Africa and identified the potential and demand for Concrete Canvas products. Concrete Canvas SA has always conducted business with strong values, honesty and integrity and has a strong commitment to support and service their clients to the best of their abilities while maintaining these values.
Concrete Canvas Ltd. have developed a ground breaking material technology called Concrete Cloth that allows concrete to be used in a completely new way. Concrete Cloth was originally developed for the award winning Concrete Canvas Shelters, a building in a bag that requires only water and air for construction.
1322 total views, 1 so far today
- 2010 Deep Research Report on China New Energy Vehicles - Aarkstore Enterprise (19 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (14 views)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. - Detailed Product Pipeline (12 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (12 views)
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (11 views)
- IVRCL Announces the Completion of Sea Water Desalination Plant at Minjur (9 views)
- G4S Supports England Team at Commonwealth Games (9 views)
- The application of the latest SEO techniques for a better ranking (9 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (9 views)
- Accuro Announces Rebranding, New Website (8 views)