Hollywood Santa Christmas Parade Led by CNN Host Larry King Telecast on Hallmark Movie Channel Features Pulp Fiction Audiobook Float
- Issued By: Tiffany Holmes
- City / State: Hollywood, CA
- Phone: (323) 466-7815
- Company Website: http://www.GoldenAgeStories.com
- Submitted: December 11, 2010 5:54 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hollywood, CA, December 11, 2010:
The classic holiday tradition kicked off the Christmas 2010 shopping season, allowing stars to greet their fans on Hollywood Blvd with marching bands, live performances and character balloons.
Hollywood, CA – December 09, 2010 — From the Heart of Hollywood, starting at Hollywood Blvd and Orange, the Hollywood Santa Christmas Parade was greeted by over fifty thousand fans cheering celebrities like Erik Estrada, Laura McKenzie, Donna Mills, Dick Van Dyke, Corbin Bernsen, Susan Sullivan, Rip Taylor, Vivica Fox, Kevin Eubanks and Stephanie Powers. Led by parade Grand Marshall Larry King, the Hollywood Santa Christmas Parade was sponsored by Associated Television, Toys for Tots and the City of Los Angeles.
Two of the balloon entries, carried by more than 60 handlers including the Kiwanis Key Club members, members from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a local high school basketball team and local businessmen – represented Stories from the Golden Age, a line of 80 books written by master storyteller L. Ron Hubbard during America’s golden age of pulp fiction.
Parade host Laura McKenzie, (from World’s Funniest Moments) introduced the two floats, telling co-host Erik Estrada (from the TV show CHIPs), “Floating next to the treasure is Captain Tom Bristol, the main character from L. Ron Hubbard’s swashbuckling tale Under the Black Ensign.” (http://www.GoldenAgeStories.com/seaadventure) She went on to say that this story is one of Hubbard’s “80 books filled with adventure, mystery, science fiction and fantasy.”
A video of the float can be seen on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkROQl02GVk
Stories from the Golden Age is an 80-novel, 150-story series of trade paperback and multi-cast, unabridged audiobooks. The series showcases author L. Ron Hubbard’s pulp fiction masterpieces from the 1930s and 1940s, in multiple genres. This collection is one of the largest known releases of pulp fiction novels ever published by a single author and publisher.
Hubbard’s stories have been reproduced in their original format as both trade paperbacks (using original pulp artwork and inside illustrations), and as unabridged, multicast audiobooks with original music and fully produced, movie-like sound effects. The stories are also available as eBooks through the iPad bookstore, online from Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com and on the Stories from the Golden Age website at http://www.GoldenAgeStories.com/books
In addition to the print and audiobook formats, the Author Services 200-seat Theater located at Hollywood & Sycamore, just one block west of the famed Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, presents live weekly theatrical presentations (every Saturday night) and is open to all.
The first Hollywood parade first took place 82 years ago, in 1928, and was called the Santa Claus Lane Parade.
For more information on Stories from the Golden Age visit http://www.GoldenAgeStories.com .
About Stories From the Golden Age:
Stories From the Golden Age is a line of 80 books and multi-cast, unabridged audio books, featuring 153 stories written by L. Ron Hubbard in the 1930s and 1940s in any of the several popular genres of the day – mystery, thriller, adventure, science fiction, fantasy and western – with tales appropriate for all ages from middle school and up. The covers for the complete available library are displayed in the iBookstore and purchasing is a breeze on the new iPad. The eBooks are also available at Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com and on the Stories from the Golden Age website at http://www.GoldenAgeStories.com
7051 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
650 total views, 1 so far today
- 2010 Deep Research Report on China New Energy Vehicles - Aarkstore Enterprise (125 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (78 views)
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (56 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (28 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (25 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (20 views)
- Light Up Your Life With Latest Blackberry Torch 9800 Deals (18 views)
- Nokia X3 Red Deals: Talk with Passion (6 views)
- Aarkstore Enterprise -The Convergence of Biomarkers and Diagnostics: Therapy area analyses, key products and future trends (5 views)
- Your Home Isn't Complete With Out Home and Office Furniture From National Furniture (4 views)