- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: New Delhi
- Submitted: October 14, 2010 11:41 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Delhi, October 14, 2010:
An eventful couple of weeks have passed since the early controversy surrounding the Indian Commonwealth Games, and today the nations will gather for a final time for the spectacular closing ceremony.
This live feed will be live at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium for the closing ceremony.
The 2010 Commonwealth Games are the nineteenth Commonwealth Games, and the ninth to be held under that name. The Games are scheduled to be held in Delhi, India between 3 October and 14 October 2010. The games will be the largest multi-sport event conducted to date in Delhi and India generally, which has previously hosted the Asian Games in 1951 and 1982. The opening ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi. It will also be the first time the Commonwealth Games will be held in India and the second time the event has been held in Asia (after 1998 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
In preparation for an influx of English-speaking tourists for the Games, the Delhi government is implementing a program to teach English, and the necessary skills for serving tourists, to key workers – such as cab drivers, security workers, waiters, porters, and service staff. In the two years prior to the Games 2,000 drivers were taught English. The program aims to teach 1,000 people English per month in the hope of reaching all key workers by March 2010. In addition to Delhi, the Indian Government plans to expand the program to teach people in local tourist destinations in other parts of India
708 total views, 1 so far today
- Wright Scoop Offers Incentive to Inspire Market Growth (101 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (44 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (43 views)
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (35 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (34 views)
- IVRCL Announces the Completion of Sea Water Desalination Plant at Minjur (31 views)
- The application of the latest SEO techniques for a better ranking (30 views)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. - Detailed Product Pipeline (28 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (25 views)
- Accuro Announces Rebranding, New Website (25 views)