- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: New Delhi
- Submitted: October 14, 2010 11:41 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Delhi, October 14, 2010:
An eventful couple of weeks have passed since the early controversy surrounding the Indian Commonwealth Games, and today the nations will gather for a final time for the spectacular closing ceremony.
This live feed will be live at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium for the closing ceremony.
The 2010 Commonwealth Games are the nineteenth Commonwealth Games, and the ninth to be held under that name. The Games are scheduled to be held in Delhi, India between 3 October and 14 October 2010. The games will be the largest multi-sport event conducted to date in Delhi and India generally, which has previously hosted the Asian Games in 1951 and 1982. The opening ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi. It will also be the first time the Commonwealth Games will be held in India and the second time the event has been held in Asia (after 1998 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
In preparation for an influx of English-speaking tourists for the Games, the Delhi government is implementing a program to teach English, and the necessary skills for serving tourists, to key workers – such as cab drivers, security workers, waiters, porters, and service staff. In the two years prior to the Games 2,000 drivers were taught English. The program aims to teach 1,000 people English per month in the hope of reaching all key workers by March 2010. In addition to Delhi, the Indian Government plans to expand the program to teach people in local tourist destinations in other parts of India
634 total views, 1 so far today
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (33 views)
- 2010 Deep Research Report on China New Energy Vehicles - Aarkstore Enterprise (31 views)
- Infinite Courses proffer Free Online Classifieds in India which Escalates your Online Presence (31 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Performs PINHOLE SPINE SURGERY on Osteoporosis Patient (30 views)
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (30 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (29 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (29 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (29 views)
- G4S Supports England Team at Commonwealth Games (28 views)
- Accuro Announces Rebranding, New Website (23 views)