- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: United Kingdom
- Phone: +1 312 . 725 . 6155
- Company Website: http://www.fionamountain.com
- Submitted: November 19, 2010 12:47 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
United Kingdom, November 19, 2010:
British icon Fletcher Christian is set to return to the big screen in “Isabella,” a feature film adaptation of the novel by Fiona Mountain. The novel was short listed for the Parker Romantic Novel of the Year.
The project, which is not yet set up at a studio, is set in the English Lake District and details Mr. Christian’s passionate love affair with his cousin, Isabella Curwen – an affair which many believe set the stage for the Bounty mutiny. The story also explores the rumors of Fletcher’s return to England after the mutiny.
As a sweeping historical romance, producer Darren Reagan believes “Isabella” is a unique and highly commercial project.
“’Isabella’ is a timeless tragedy like ‘Romeo and Juliet’ combined with the mystery and mythology of the ‘Bounty’ story,” says Reagan.
According to screenwriter Michaela Lewis, “Fletcher Christian remains one of cinema’s iconic antiheros, but previous films barely scratched the surface of Fletcher’s ambitious and flawed family – we’ve never seen the passionate love story that lead to the mutiny.”
Reagan adds, “It’s ironic that no British actor has ever portrayed the legendary mutineer. We think the time has come for someone like Robert Pattinson, Daniel Radcliffe or Jamie Bell to follow in the footsteps of Errol Flynn, Clark Gable and Marlon Brando and portray Fletcher Christian.”
Plan is for the production to film in Cumbria and the Isle of Man with a budget nearing £10 million.
About Fiona Mountain
Fiona’s most recent novel, “Rebel Heiress” was released in September 2010. www.fionamountain.com
Mountain is represented by Matthew Bates at Sayle Screen Ltd, London.
About Darren Reagan
Producer Darren Reagan’s development slate includes the recently announced “Doberman Gang” remake as well as adaptations of the novel Maiden by Cynthia Buchanan, the popular “Lupi” books by Eileen Wilks and the art theft memoir Stolen Masterpiece Tracker. www.11elevenentertainment.com
Reagan is represented by attorney Robert Myman at Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan Light.
790 total views, 1 so far today
- OPJIT's National Conference on Technical Education held in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh (27 views)
- IVRCL Announces the Completion of Sea Water Desalination Plant at Minjur (18 views)
- G4S Supports England Team at Commonwealth Games (15 views)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. - Detailed Product Pipeline (15 views)
- Danforth Center First World Food Day Commemoration Produced 355,000 Meals (13 views)
- The application of the latest SEO techniques for a better ranking (12 views)
- Kingfisher Premium presents The Great Indian October fest 2010 (12 views)
- Infinite Courses proffer Free Online Classifieds in India which Escalates your Online Presence (12 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (12 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (9 views)