- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: United Kingdom
- Phone: +1 312 . 725 . 6155
- Company Website: http://www.fionamountain.com
- Submitted: November 19, 2010 12:47 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
United Kingdom, November 19, 2010:
British icon Fletcher Christian is set to return to the big screen in “Isabella,” a feature film adaptation of the novel by Fiona Mountain. The novel was short listed for the Parker Romantic Novel of the Year.
The project, which is not yet set up at a studio, is set in the English Lake District and details Mr. Christian’s passionate love affair with his cousin, Isabella Curwen – an affair which many believe set the stage for the Bounty mutiny. The story also explores the rumors of Fletcher’s return to England after the mutiny.
As a sweeping historical romance, producer Darren Reagan believes “Isabella” is a unique and highly commercial project.
“’Isabella’ is a timeless tragedy like ‘Romeo and Juliet’ combined with the mystery and mythology of the ‘Bounty’ story,” says Reagan.
According to screenwriter Michaela Lewis, “Fletcher Christian remains one of cinema’s iconic antiheros, but previous films barely scratched the surface of Fletcher’s ambitious and flawed family – we’ve never seen the passionate love story that lead to the mutiny.”
Reagan adds, “It’s ironic that no British actor has ever portrayed the legendary mutineer. We think the time has come for someone like Robert Pattinson, Daniel Radcliffe or Jamie Bell to follow in the footsteps of Errol Flynn, Clark Gable and Marlon Brando and portray Fletcher Christian.”
Plan is for the production to film in Cumbria and the Isle of Man with a budget nearing £10 million.
About Fiona Mountain
Fiona’s most recent novel, “Rebel Heiress” was released in September 2010. www.fionamountain.com
Mountain is represented by Matthew Bates at Sayle Screen Ltd, London.
About Darren Reagan
Producer Darren Reagan’s development slate includes the recently announced “Doberman Gang” remake as well as adaptations of the novel Maiden by Cynthia Buchanan, the popular “Lupi” books by Eileen Wilks and the art theft memoir Stolen Masterpiece Tracker. www.11elevenentertainment.com
Reagan is represented by attorney Robert Myman at Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan Light.
456 total views, 1 so far today
- INDIACSR Presents essay writing competition on the topic of Corporate Governance for students (13 views)
- Sun Pharma Announces USFDA Approval for Generic Clarinex® (11 views)
- SharePointBoost Announces SharePoint Wiki Redirect (9 views)
- Cloud Computing World Forum Middle East and Africa Agenda Launched (6 views)
- iHeater - CDC Report: H1N1 Flu To Return In 2010 (6 views)
- HB Academics Los Angeles LSAT GMAT GRE MCAT SAT Prep Tutoring Enrollment for Winter Spring 2010-11 (4 views)
- Mobile Platform Agnostic Online Media Streaming Framework from Payoda's Enterprise Mobile Application Division (4 views)
- Matrix International Calling Card / Matrix International sim card (3 views)
- The 10 Steps to Giving Up Your Designer Handbag Addiction (3 views)
- Babyoye.com Launches Exclusive Online Address For New Parents (3 views)