- Issued By: Agency
- City / State: Bangalore
- Phone: +91 9886656787
- Company Website: http://www.ansi.in
- Submitted: November 1, 2010 1:49 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bangalore, November 1, 2010:
Advanced Neurosciences Institute at BGS Global Hospitals, one of the leading multi super speciality Hospitals in Bangalore has launched a “Free online health check up” for Brain Attack (Stroke).
This software will enable one to key in health parametres and identify the risk so that one can consult a specialist and take adequate precautions to prevent a brain attack. This software has been developed by BOB Tech Solutions as a corporate social responsibility.
Dr. N. K. Venkataramana, Chief Neurosurgeon and Vice-Chairman, BGS Global Hospitals said, “BGS Global Hospitals launched the state-of-the-art Stroke Unit last year. This year we are focusing on the fact that “stroke is preventable”. We are now launching the free online checkup to help predict the risk of stroke. People above 40 years of age as well as people who have risk factors or with family history of stroke are more susceptible.”
One can log into www.ansi.in and click on “Prevent Brain Attack” for a free risk assessment of stroke.
More about Stroke
The incidence of stroke is increasing. Brain Attack (Stroke) is the fourth largest killer of human race (after AIDS, cancer and heart attack) and the second cause of disability. Various risk factors which have been identified as causes for brain attack are lifestyle, diet, stress etc. Many youth/young adults are acquiring these risk factors making them susceptible to brain attack early.
Some Facts about the Brain
• Two thirds of the blood in the body goes to the brain
• Demands highest blood supply and maximum utilization of glucose and oxygen
• 20 billion cells working for day and night
• Marvelous gift from God
• Time is brain, prevent a stroke and protect the brain by all means.
About Global Hospitals Group
Founded in 1998 by Dr. K. Ravindranath, Global Hospitals Group is one of the fastest growing chain of hospitals in India offering tertiary level super specialty care and multi organ transplantation services. With nine Hospitals and over 2000 beds, spread across Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai, the Group is all set to foray into Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi.
Global Hospitals is a leader in India in performing liver, heart, lung, kidney and heart-lung transplantation, as well as bone marrow transplantation. Global Hospitals has become the destination of choice for all discerning patients from within the country and abroad because it offers world class care at affordable costs and has renowned doctors with expertise in their field.
689 total views, 3 so far today
- Earth Infrastructures Limited Awarded 'Best Debutant Developer of the year' (6 views)
- The application of the latest SEO techniques for a better ranking (6 views)
- Blue Fortnight to symbolize fight against diabetes (6 views)
- Hyderabad edition of TCS IT Wiz 2010 kicks off (4 views)
- IVRCL Announces the Completion of Sea Water Desalination Plant at Minjur (4 views)
- Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Global Supply Dynamics to 2020 - Production from Coal Derivatives Emerging as a Cheaper Alternative in China (3 views)
- Aarkstore Enterprise -The Impact of US Healthcare Reform on Pharma: Analyzing the effects (3 views)
- How to match dresses up at the Christmas? (3 views)
- BGS Global Hospitals Launches Unique Free Online Checkup for Stroke (3 views)
- Guru Shoe tech (P) Limited opened its first exclusive store in the city of Taj "Agra" (3 views)